Sunday, August 14, 2011

TWENTIETH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME - 50th Anniversary of Entry into Religious Life - More WYD Photos from Valladolid





 
Collect Prayer

O God, who have prepared for those who love you good things which no eye can see, fill our hearts, we pray, with the warmth of your love, so that, loving you in all things and above all things, we may attain your promises, which surpass every human desire. Through our Lord.

* * * * * *


A HALF CENTURY
IN THE
SOCIETY OF JESUS 

While there have been references to my Golden Jubilee in Religious Life in the past few months, today is the actual day. 

I will celebrate a Mass of Thanksgiving with the youth attending the Days in the Archdiocese of Valladolid with Archbishop Ricardo Blasquez and other bishops visiting from England, France, Italy and Thailand.

Below is a photo taken shortly after my entry with my parents and siblings.



The next photo was taken two weekends ago at the Martyrs Shrine with some family members who came for the occasion:





* * *
What shall I render to the Lord, for all the things he hath rendered unto me?
I will take the chalice of salvation; and I will call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord before all his people….
I will sacrifice to thee the sacrifice of praise, and I will call upon the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord in the sight of all his people.
(from Psalm 115, Douay-Rheims)
 * * * * * *





MORE PHOTOS
FROM DAYS IN THE DIOCESE
VALLADOLID, SPAIN



































1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous family photos that remind me of comments shared by His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston on the occasion of his installation:
    "Service to country shapes us and service to family and community sustains us".

    ReplyDelete