Friday, January 28, 2011

Memorial of Saint Thomas Aquinas - Confirmations in Rockland

The Glory of St. Thomas Aquinas by Benozzo Gozzoli (1421-1497),  Louvre


O God, who made St. Thomas Aquinas outstanding in his zeal for holiness and his study of sacred doctrine, grant us, we pray, that we may understand what he taught, and imitate what he accomplished.  Through our Lord.

* * * * * *

Prayers by St. Thomas Aquinas

Almighty and ever-living God, I approach the sacrament of your only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. I come sick to the doctor of life, unclean to the fountain of mercy, blind to the radiance of eternal light, and poor and needy to the Lord of heaven and earth. Lord, in your great generosity, heal my sickness, wash away my defilement, enlighten my blindness, enrich my poverty, and clothe my nakedness.


May I receive the bread of angels, the King of kings and Lord of lords, with humble reverence, with the purity and faith, the repentance and love, and the determined purpose that will help to bring me to salvation. May I receive the sacrament of the Lord's Body and Blood, and its reality and power.


Kind God, may I receive the Body of your only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, born from the womb of the Virgin Mary, and so be received into His mystical Body and numbered among his members. Loving Father, as on my earthly pilgrimage I now receive your beloved Son, under the veil of a sacrament, may I one day see Him Face to face in glory, who lives and reigns with You for ever. Amen.

* * *

Lord, Father all-powerful and ever-living God, I thank You, for even though I am a sinner, your unprofitable servant, not because of my worth but in the kindness of your mercy, You have fed me with the precious Body and Blood of your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray that this Holy Communion may not bring me condemnation and punishment but forgiveness and salvation.

May It be a helmet of faith and a shield of good will. May It purify me from evil ways and put an end to my evil passions. May It bring me charity and patience, humility and obedience, and growth in the power to do good.

May It be my strong defense against all my enemies, visible and invisible, and the perfect calming of all my evil impulses, bodily and spiritual. May It unite me more closely to You, the one true God, and lead me safely through death to everlasting happiness with You.

And I pray that You will lead me, a sinner, to the banquet where You, with your Son and Holy Spirit, are true and perfect light, total fulfillment, everlasting joy, gladness without end, and perfect happiness to your saints. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.


* * * * * *

PAROISSE TRES SAINTE TRINITE DE ROCKLAND


C'est une tres belle eglise, veritablement un tresor.  Samedi apres-midi, j'ai preside deux celebrations de la Confirmation pour les jeunes de cette paroisse. 

Quelques photos:









Currently at the Neocatechumenal Bishops' Convivence in Israel. Pictures will be posted in the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment