Friday, July 16, 2010

Optional Memorial: Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

May the venerable intercession of the glorious Virgin Mary come to our aid, we pray, O Lord, so that, fortified by her protection, we may reach the mountain which is Christ. Who lives and reigns with you.

* * * * * *

The Memorare

Remember, most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, and sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence, I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my mother.

To you I come; before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in your mercy hear and answer me.

--St. Bernard of Clairvaux, 1090-1153

1 comment:

  1. Few people remember this day. Thank you for posting. Mother Mary we love you.

    ReplyDelete