Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Friday--Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Academy Gala

My return to Ottawa was via an early morning USAirways flight from Philadelphia; in the early afternoon I journey to Pembroke Diocese (the neighbouring, suffragan see) for a two-part celebration of Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Academy's Fund-raising Gala. There is Mass at St. Columbkille Cathedral at 5 o'clock (I am to preside, Bishop Michael Mulhall will be the homilist) followed by the Gala Dinner at 6:30 in Germania Hall, at which I will be the after dinner speaker. This fairly new and robustly Catholic college is located at Barry's Bay and I have always enjoyed my meetings with the student body and staff. I have recently accepted to serve on the episcopal advisory committee as the college takes wings. More anon....

3 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Your Excellency - and a blessed Feast of Divine Mercy.
    It's wonderful to have discovered your blog. I look forward to news of your thoughts and travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Excellent Grace!

    I was just checking out your archdiocesan website
    and came upon your blog - very cool!

    I hope to get my children into OLSW (they are 10 & 12). I hope they put on a gala dinner down here in the TO archdiocese.

    If you ever pass through Orangeville - please drop in!

    Pax Christi,
    Teresa B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging! As a Canadian now living in Louisiana, I love to hear about all the places and people from back home, and your perspective is certainly a unique one! I'll be adding you to my blogroll and I hope you find this to be a good and useful way to reach your flock.

    ReplyDelete